Certosa di San Lorenzo
Also known as the Certosa di Padula, it is the largest Carthusian monastery in Italy and it was founded by Thomas Sanseverino conte Marsico in 1306.
It is located in the city of Padula in the province of Salerno and in 1998 it was declared World Heritage by UNESCO.
The main part of the Certosa is in Baroque style and occupies an area of 51,500 square meters and has the largest cloister in the world. Today the Certosa hostes the provincial archaeological museum of Western Lucania, which contains a collection of finds from the excavations of the necropolis of Sala Consilina and Padula.